Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Summer of Love

"....Why, God, does everything have to end? Why does all nature grow old? Why do spring and summer have to go? ~ Joe Wheeler

The Summer of 2012 will go down in my personal history as one of the best ever. We look forward to summer around here like it's Christmas. Partly because summer means no schedule, no school, no Sunday night feelings, no alarm clocks. But, also because the possibilities are endless! Everyday has the chance of fun. This summer we had alot of fun to look forward to.

We started the summer at the end of May with a trip to Cocoa Beach. Ash (my sis-in-love) made the journey with her family and also brought along my other sis-in-love, Hannah as a graduation present. We got to meet our new nephew! We hung out at the beach and watched the kiddos play. 

My favorite memory from that weekend: watching our 3 girls eat breakfast together at the kitchen table.



A few weeks later, it was our turn to make the trip to Tennessee to see Hannah graduate high school!! I still can't believe she is in college now and is officially an adult. She is still that bubbly 5 year old who never stops dancing and laughing...right? Nope, now she is that 18 year old who studies for college exams...but still enjoys laughing ;-) The few days we were in the Smoky Mountains, we soaked up lots of family time. We left there knowing the sibling bonds were stronger than ever and for that, I will be eternally grateful. 

My favorite memory from that trip: getting ready for the graduation party that Saturday morning and laughing with all my sibs-in-love that night.





After we arrived home, our first round of visitors flew in. The Ness family moved to Ohio back in 2006 and it had been a long time since they were here last. They spent an entire week loving on us. During that week, we laughed, cried, vented, listened, did alot of hugging and ended it with a few pictures. I love that family beyond words and I would give ANYTHING for them to be back here. As it is, I will be thankful for that "beautiful" week. 
My favorite memory from that visit: Cracker Barrel Sisterhood Reunion and Steve playing his keyboard on Sunday morning. 

Side note: Destiny also got baptized that week! Yay God!






For Father's Day, I piled into a mini-van with my girls, my parents and my sister. We drove to see my grandparents in Arkansas. They are getting up in age, so we try to take as many opportunities as possible to see them. Everyone knows the road trip is always the most entertaining part. We read several Junie B. Jones books, listened to quite an array of music, heard stories from my dad that explain oh-so-much, and spent the night in a very interesting motel. Honestly, that road trip alone could have it's own post. Maybe one day. :-) Being at my grandparents is always amazing. Their house, the smells, the food, the small town...all the little things that make up so much of my childhood and the comfort that they bring. 

My favorite memory from that trip: watching Emery laugh hysterically at my grandma bouncing a ball.




After Arkansas came my birthday and our second round of visitors, The Hayes'.  I've written about my friend Inez several times. Whenever we are together it's like no time has passed at all. Her and her family are tremendous blessings to me and mine (grammar??) and that week was so full of blessings! We ate together, laughed SO MUCH, talked about everything, and watched Shamu. Once again, I would give ANYTHING to have them closer, but I will look forward to the next time.

My favorite memory from that visit: saying "see you tomorrow" and knowing I actually would see her tomorrow.




The Fourth of July came around and my Aunt Becky was in town. I have never blogged about my aunt, but I absolutely intend to one day. She is someone who I have always looked up to and someone who I LOVE to be around. She makes everything fun and she.is.hilarious. I love her! 

We got a quick visit with Josh and Amy one Sunday. It was nice to catch up and have a conversation with my sis-in-love that lasted longer than a few minutes. :-) Emery slept the whole time and Destiny wanted all the attention. We stopped by my parents and the Joshes were able to hang out. One of these days, Amy and I will get to spend some real time together. It was good to see them and Destiny keeps asking when they are going to come back. ;-)


The middle of July brought my oldest and dearest friend to Orlando. Jenni and her family took a vacation to Disney this year and we got to spend some time with them. How crazy is it that we are married with children when we still feel like those little girls from Rockwall??!! My dad kept saying how weird it was for him to see us together all grown up. I love my friend and want to see her way more than I get to. Our girls are going to become pen pals and maybe her youngest, Cash, will strike up a long distance love with Em...it could happen. ;-)


My favorite memory from that visit: watching our girls become friends and hearing Jenni tell me I was right about the outlet mall. ;-)

We ended the summer with a 2 week trip to the beach. A M A Z I N G. Seeing the ocean everyday, swimming and laying out, playing games with the fam and watching the Olympics. 
My favorite memory from that trip: hmmm....I don't think I can pick one. They are all my favorites!


It was a fabulous end to a fabulous summer. I know it will be a long time before another one comes along that can match it. Truly, a summer filled with love!


No comments:

Post a Comment