Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sister-In-Love

"Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood."  
~Louisa May Alcott

Exactly one month from right now you will be wrapping up your first full day as a Shave. The dress will be put away, the party will be over, the band on your left hand will be your constant reminder. You will be happy and smiley and feel lighter than air. 
Life will be good. 

I could list all the ways life will change, get better, get worse, get crazy, get downright ugly...but I honestly just want to encourage you. You will come to learn that I take this sister stuff pretty seriously (just ask the others:-) and I already think of you in that way. 

You and I are the only 2 members of a very elite club. Sometimes I wish I had not been the founding member, but all the time I am thankful to be apart of it ;-) When I was told numerous times during my engagement, "You marry the family", I would smile and nod. I knew that...kinda. I mean, c'mon, they were my 2nd family and had been in my life forever. But,  becoming an in-law is alot like becoming a parent: you don't really get the enormity of it until it's laid in your lap. :-) 

I adore, cherish and drastically love my in-laws; father, mother, sisters and brother. They are hilarious and fun and life with them is never boring. I have laughed with them, cried with them, prayed with them, sat quietly when listening was all that was required. I wish you could have cheered with us during Josh's basketball games. I wish you could have joined us for some Choctaw's bbq. But, your chapter in this family is just beginning and it is going to be a page turner :-) I can already see the difference in Josh since you've come along...this hyper kid who lived for basketball and having fun is now a man. I am laughing while typing this remembering all of the times he would yell from the bathroom and we would carry on a conversation. Ah, V.L. :-) I remember the times he sat with me and cried when life was throwing him a curve. And now he's getting married! AHHH! He's a good guy. 
Thanks for loving him.

So, the bottom line is this: I am thankful for you and can't wait to become closer. I'm always here if and when you need me. Welcome to the family! We are ridiculous and messy and strange. We have alot of flaws and make too much noise. We laugh until we cry and we rage until we can't see straight. We annoy each other and hug each other. 
Yep, we are pretty much amazing. 

You'll fit right in ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Shelbie!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! Amy...you are one lucky gal to get this girl as a sister-in-law!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww shelbie, I love it :) Thank you so so much and I really look forward to you being here next month! Yes, I am lucky :)

    ReplyDelete